The UTeach-Liberal Arts undergraduate program is designed for liberal arts students who wish to become certified for secondary education in a liberal arts field. The program consists of at least four long-semesters of rigorous coursework and each semester requires field placements in local schools. Since the undergraduate program takes a minimum of four long-semesters to complete, sophomore year is the ideal time to begin the program. The Undergraduate Program emphasizes the UTeach-Liberal Arts philosophy of early and consistent field experience in public school classrooms.
|Liberal Arts Major||Certification Field and Grade Level|
|English||English 4-8 or 7-12|
|Rhetoric/Writing||English 4-8 or 7-12|
|History||History 7-12, Social Studies 4-8 or 7-12|
|Government||Social Studies 7-12|
|Geography||Social Studies 7-12|
|Economics||Social Studies 7-12|
|Asian Cultures and Languages – Chinese||Chinese EC-12|
|Asian Cultures and Languages – Japanese||Japanese EC-12|
|Spanish – Language Teaching||Spanish EC-12|
- The UTeach-Liberal Arts undergraduate program requires at least a four long-semester commitment.
- The program is open to current UT Austin undergraduates and incoming transfer students.
- Students are eligible to enter the program second semester freshman year through senior year.
- Admission to UTeach-Liberal Arts requires a minimum overall UT GPA of 2.5.
- Complete the UTeach-Liberal Arts Undergraduate Program Application. Our Program Advisor will notify you about your admissions status via email within 5-10 business days of your application submission.
- Once Admitted, you will receive instructions on how to reserve a spot for UTL 101 "Introduction to Teaching", the first UTeach course.
- Once you have reserved a spot, you may register for the course during your normal registration access period. Failure to register for your spot will result in losing your reservation in UTL 101.
Post-baccalaureate applicants should refer to the Post-Baccalaureate Admissions section of our website.
Undergraduate Course Requirements
English 7-12 Rhetoric & Writing Majors
Social Studies 4-8 History Majors
Social Studies 7-12 Economics Majors
Social Studies 7-12 Geography Majors
Social Studies 7-12 Government Majors
Social Studies 7-12 History Majors
- Field Supervisors
- Cooperating Teachers
- Alumni & Giving
- Undergraduate Program
- Post-Baccalaureate Program
- International Outreach Programs
- Current Students
- Certification and Careers
- CT Resources
- Field Supervisor Resources
- Recruiter Resources
University of Texas at Austin
Austin, Texas 78712
- Office of the Dean
- Academic Affairs
- Research & Graduate Studies
- Student Affairs
- Business Affairs
- Human Resources
- Alumni & Giving
- Public Affairs
- LAITS: IT & Facilities
- The University of Texas at Austin
116 Inner Campus Dr Stop G6000
Austin, TX 78712
- General Inquiries: