A Radiant Beacon • 2004 Fall Commencement
The Torchbearers (1962)
The sculpture of "The Torchbearers" is located in front of the Flawn Academic Center. It was the first of several commissioned works from Charles Umlauf, professor of sculpture and life drawing at the University from 1941 to 1981. Umlauf envisioned the sculpture as a symbol of enlightenment, the active passing of the torch from teacher to student—a radiant dissemination of knowledge.
UT Directory | UT Offices A-Z | Campus & Parking Maps | UT Site Map | Calendars | UT Direct | Accessibility
Comments to Office of Relationship Management & University Events 512-471-7753