Catering Choices & Prices*
*catering menus are provided as downloadable PDF files; Adobe Reader® or compatible software required.
Catering & Dining
Catering for events at both the WPR and Commons Buildings is provided exclusively through The University of Texas Commons Café under the direction of Chef Dai Lien. Chef Dai trained at the Culinary Institute of America in Hyde Park, New York and is a graduate of Johnson & Wales University.
With over 20 years of experience in hotel banquet catering and fine dining, Chef Dai is exceptionally qualified to orchestrate every aspect of catered events. He coordinates every function along with a team who shares his passion for food and impeccable attention to detail.
Working hand-in-hand with your program coordinator, whether a simple coffee break, plated meal or reception with a full bar, Chef Dai and his team will work tirelessly to exceed your expectations.
In addition to a complete catering menu, the Commons Building is also home to one of UT’s favorite dining establishments — the Commons Café. Offering a light breakfast menu and a broad selection of delicious lunch options, the café is open weekdays from 7:30 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
To speak with a conference coordinator, please call 512-471-5898 or email CommonsCenter@austin.utexas.edu.
- The Commons Café is the exclusive caterer for Commons Learning Center
- Commons Learning Center will not allow perishable food to remain in meeting rooms 3 hours past scheduled delivery time
- Catering service fee of 20% and Texas State Sales Tax of 8.25% applies to all catering charges
- Catering orders must be placed seven days in advance of the program
- Final guest counts may be adjusted up to three working days prior to the program
- A delivery fee of $35 applies to all orders outside the Commons Building
- Optional catering staff is available at $25/hr. with a 2 hour minimum; one server per 40 guests required
- Final food and beverage pricing will be finalized 3 months prior to program due to volatility in commodity pricing