Catering Choices & Prices*
*catering menus are provided as downloadable PDF files; Adobe Reader® or compatible software required.
Catering & Dining
Catering for events at both the WPR and Commons Buildings is provided exclusively through The University of Texas Commons Café under the direction of Chef Dai Lien. Chef Dai trained at the Culinary Institute of America in Hyde Park, New York and is a graduate of Johnson & Wales University.
With over 20 years of experience in hotel banquet catering and fine dining, Chef Dai is exceptionally qualified to orchestrate every aspect of catered events. He coordinates every function along with a team who shares his passion for food and impeccable attention to detail.
Working hand-in-hand with your program coordinator, whether a simple coffee break or a plated meal, Chef Dai and his team will work tirelessly to exceed your expectations.
In addition to a complete catering menu, the Commons Building is also home to one of UT’s favorite dining establishments — the Commons Café. Offering a light breakfast menu and a broad selection of delicious lunch options, the café is open weekdays from 7:30 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
To speak with a conference coordinator, please call 512-471-5898 or email CommonsCenter@austin.utexas.edu.
- The Commons Café is the exclusive caterer of the Commons Learning Center (both Commons and WPR buildings)
- Health Department regulations prohibit any other food on the premises
- Perishable food items may not be left in conference rooms longer than three hours
- Catering fee of 20% and Texas State Sales Tax of 8.25% is added to all catering charges
- Catering orders must be placed seven days in advance of the program
- Quantities and final guest counts can be adjusted up to three working days in advance to the program
- A delivery fee of $35 will be added to all orders outside the Commons Building
- Off-site attendant fee of $25 an hour, 2 hour minimum; one attendant required per 40 people