Policies & Procedures
Commons Learning Center's
two buildings are part of a
- Under state law, commercial entities or non-profit organizations making money from a meeting or program are prohibited from using the Commons Learning Center facilities.
- Political and religious programs or events are prohibited.
- All programs must be educational in nature. Exhibits are allowed and may include brochures and catalogs; however, sales or orders are not permissible on the premises.
- Customers must submit an approval form and a cover letter providing billing information, purpose of the program and agreeing to our policies. Instructions for the letter and approval form will be given to customers upon tentatively booking a room/space.
- Tax-exempt organizations must provide a completed tax-exempt form.
Catering, Room Fees & Services
- The Commons Café has exclusivity for providing catering for all events. Please see our Catering & Dining page for more information on catering pricing and policies.
- A room fee is charged per four-hour unit (8 a.m.-noon, 1-5 p.m., 6-10 p.m.) or any portion thereof. Any reservation spanning more than one unit (i.e., from 10 a.m.-2 p.m.) will incur a full-day charge. Please see our Meeting Room Information & Rates page for more information.
- All Audio Visual Equipment provided by Commons Learning Center and supported by in-house staff
- Staffing Fee: In addition to the room rental fee, a staffing fee of $35/hour is charged to programs taking place after 6 p.m. Monday-Friday, and all programs on Saturday or Sunday.
- Weekend Custodial Fee: $175 per day
- Change/Cancellation Fees: Please make note of the following charges that will be assessed for any room/date changes or cancellations after a program has reached the reserved status:
- 0-30 days before the program, a fee of 100% of room charges occurs
- 31-90 days before the program, a fee of 50% of room charges occurs
- 91-364 days before the program, a fee of 30% of room charges occurs
- 365+ days before the program, a fee of 0% of room charges occurs
- 0-3 days before the program start date, a fee of 100% of catering charges occurs
Material Deliveries and Storage
- Delivery of program materials is accepted during normal building hours, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Please see our Contact Us page for delivery address information.
- Storage space for materials more than four cubic feet is available for a fee by contacting a conference coordinator at 512-471-5898.
- The exhibitor is responsible for contacting the carrier for material pick up.