CC 301 Syllabus
Lecture 9 Outline
1. Map: Peloponnese
2. Sparta: Eurotas Valley and Modern town
3. Sparta: "Menelaion" and My. Taygetus
4. Sparta: Remains and plan of the Sanctuary of Artemis Orthia
5. Sparta: Votives from the Sanctuary of Artemis Orthia
6. Sparta: Archaic sculptural friezes/reliefs
7. Laconian:Bronzes found at Panhellnic sanctuaries
8. Laconian: Kylix of Atlas and Prometheus
9. Laconian: Kylix of King Arkesilas
10. Map: Expeditions of Darius (490 BC) and Xerxes (481-480 BC)
11. Thermopylae: Modern site and Plan of ancient battle
12. Map: Detail of Xerxes' Campaign in Greece
13. Salamis: View from space and plan of battle (480 BC)
14. Map: Persian Empire, ca. 500 BC
15. Persepolis: Plan of the ceremonial complex at Persepolis.
16. Perseoplis: View of the ruins of the palace
17. Persepolis: "Gate of All Nations"
18. Persepolis: Apadana (Audience Hall) of Darius and Xerxes at Persepolis.
19. Persepolis:Processional friezes of the Apadana staircase
20. Persepolis: Palace of Darius
Note: All images used on Classics Department pages accessed from this site are subject to copyright regulations, and are provided for non-commercial, study purposes only.