1. A. I haven't found out when my friend Jack is coming to Austin.
B. I'll throw a party when my friend Jack comes to Austin.
2. A. Veronica left her home early.
B. Veronica went home early.
3. A. Harold and Maude went out for a late supper after the movie.
B. Harold and Maude went out for a late supper after they saw the movie.
4. A. The witness lied--to tell the truth.
B. The witness tried to tell the truth.
5. A. Strangely, Cuthbert jogs.
B. Cuthbert jogs strangely.
6. A. Abigail sent the package Federal Express.
B. Abigail sent the package by Federal Express.
Return to assignments index.
Return to unit index.