- Slips of the Tongue: Windows to the
- by Victoria Fromkin (UCLA). How slips of the tongue relate to sounds of language,
as well as the mental dictionary.
- Mama teached
- R. Beard on language acquisition
- Genie: Secret
of the Wild Child
- The story of Genie, a "wild child" who grew up isolated, barely able
to walk or talk (transcript from Nova).
- Language and Brain
- by Stephen Crain (U Maryland). Language instinct, modularity.
- by Lise Menn (U Colorado). Language and the brain, aphasia, dyslexia.
- Handedness and brain lateralization
- Learn what handedness has to do with language.
- Slithy toves of
- R. Beard on chimpanzee communication. Learn about chimpanzees and the innateness
hypothesis. Can chimps talk?
- Could Bonzo go
- "Do chimpanzees have language skills? Paul Hoffman, editor of Discover Magazine,
takes a look at both sides to the story." Description from site.
Internet Chat with Koko the Gorilla
- Peruse the transcript of the first ever interspecies online chat. Decide for
yourself whether gorillas are capable of human language.
Comments to: firstname.lastname@example.org