Reporting Campus Climate Incidents
In the event of a campus climate incident, a report may be submitted via a Web-based form on the CCRT Web site.
If an individual chooses not to report the incident via the online form, other options are available during regular business hours (8 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday-Friday).
- University of Texas at Austin students are encouraged to contact the Office of the Dean of Students at 512-471-5017 to report an incident and/or schedule an appointment with a staff member.
- University of Texas at Austin employees, campus visitors and contractors are encouraged to contact the Office for Inclusion and Equity at 512-471-1849 to report an incident and/or schedule an appointment with a staff member.
- Reports will be acknowledged within two business days.
Anyone encountering a situation that requires immediate police, medical, psychological or other emergency services should call 911 or the University of Texas Police Department (UTPD) at 512-471-4441 for assistance, during regular business hours and during the evening, weekends and holidays.
Helpful hints for responding to or reporting a campus climate incident:
- Campus climate incidents should be reported as soon as possible after their occurrence.
- Reports may be submitted by various individuals impacted by the incident, including but not limited to the victim(s), witness(es) or any third party who was informed of the event but was not present at the time of its occurrence.
- Pay close attention to the date, time and location of the incident, providing the facts of the incident in as much detail as possible.
- Describe all comments, conduct, gestures, markings, physical injuries, property damage, etc.
- Identify alleged offender(s) by name and UT Austin affiliation, if known, or by physical appearance (e.g., age, height, weight, race/ethnicity, clothing, distinguishing characteristics, etc.), if unknown.
- List any possible witness(es) by name with contact information, if known, or if unknown, please indicate whether there were any witnesses.