How to Register with SSD
- Send any available documentation of the student's disability and, if applicable, a history of accommodations he/she has received in prior educational environments to SSD at least 24 hours in advance of the appointment.
- Call SSD at (512) 471-6259, VP: (866) 329-3986 , or come in person to the Student Services Building, Suite 4.206.
- Ask to make an initial intake appointment with a Disability Services Coordinator.
- When making an initial appointment, students should briefly describe the nature of their disability so that the appointment can be scheduled with the Disability Services Coordinator most familiar with their type of disability. The types of disabilities SSD regularly works with include:
- Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorders
- Learning disabilities
- Psychological disabilities
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Mobility impairments
- Visual impairments
- Hearing impairments
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Medical conditions (diabetes, cancer, asthma, AIDS, lupus, etc.)
- Arrive 5 to 10 minutes prior to the scheduled appointment at the Student Services Building, Suite 4.206 to fill out paperwork.
- Meet with the assigned Disability Services Coordinator to discuss what services are available from SSD and other University offices and what academic, programmatic and/or physical accommodations might be appropriate.
Note: All disability related information including medical documentation, educational correspondence, and educational accommodation records are considered confidential. The University of Texas and SSD have an obligation to maintain the confidentiality of such documentation.