Frequently Asked Questions
What are the hours of operation for UT Mail Services and how do I contact you?
Standard office hours: 7:30 a.m. through 4:30 p.m. You can call us at 512-471-3670. You can reach us via email at: email@example.com
How do I address inter-campus mail?
See the Campus Mail Codes page. The person’s name along with the mailcode for their office is the best way to ensure the inter-campus mail gets to where it needs to go. Always include the receiver’s mailcode.
What are the UT Mail Services delivery times to campus departments (campus mail and US mail)?
One delivery daily for both Campus and US Mail, between 1 p.m. and 3 p.m.
When is final pick-up of campus mail at the designated campus mail box?
Mail Services picks up campus mail when we deliver the mail between 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. daily.
Can Mail Services help me with postage discounts on my mailings?
Yes we can! We have a special services area that handles inserting, addressing, tabbing, folding, bulk mailings (non-profit) and first class mailings. Please give us a call at 512-471-3670.
What is the difference in a First Class mailing and a Non-Profit Bulk mailing?
- Bulk mailings must consist of at least 200 pieces or more.
- There is no piece count for First Class mailings.
- Non-profit mailings should be prepared by the UT Mail Services staff including address list preparation and inkjet addressing of the envelope or postcard with a barcode.
- This preparation means you will get a discount on the postage.
- First class mail can be prepared by the department; no special rules apply.
- Non-profit mail pieces must have The University of Texas at Austin in the return address.
- 1oz First Class letters cost .48 a piece while Non-Profit letters cost .191 a piece.
- Non-Profit mail takes 7 to 10 days to deliver while First Class takes 2 to 4 days.