Resetting Your Password
There are several situations in which you may need to reset your UT EID password.
- Forgetting your UT EID password. If you can't remember your password, there are several options available to help you reset it.
- Your UT EID is locked. If your UT EID has been locked for non-use or due to too many invalid logon attempts, you can reset your password to access your UT EID again.
Note: If your UT EID has been locked for security reasons, you cannot gain access to your UT EID by resetting your password. Instead, contact your UT EID contacts for assistance.
To reset your password, use the online Find/Reset My Password self-service tool. The tool provides several options for resetting your password, including:
- Password hint (for guest class UT EIDs only). If you provided a password hint when you created your guest class UT EID, you can use it to help you remember your password.
- Password reset e-mail. If the e-mail address that is on record with your UT EID is valid and active (for example, you can log in and check your e-mail at that address), you can send yourself a password reset e-mail to reset your UT EID password.
Note: If you do not have a valid, active e-mail on record, once you have regained access to your UT EID, you should go to the Manage My UT EID Profile self-service tool and update your e-mail address. Providing a valid, active e-mail address gives you the option of using a password reset e-mail should you ever need to reset your password again.
- Password reset questions. If you have chosen password reset questions (formerly called "security questions"), you can answer these questions correctly to access your UT EID.
Note: If you have not set up password reset questions, refer to Setting up Password Reset Questions for instructions on how to do so.
- UT EID contacts. If you are unable to reset your UT EID password using the password hint (guest class UT EIDs only), password reset e-mail, or password reset questions in the self-service tools, contact your UT EID contacts for assistance.