How do I keep my UT EID secure?
Your UT EID is used to access secure online applications and personal information at the university, including:
- Personal information (including name, date of birth, address, phone number, etc.)
- Student records (including classes taken, grades, etc.)
- Financial information (including tuition and fees bills, student loans, Bevo Bucks, etc.)
It is very important that you protect your UT EID and password so that someone else cannot impersonate you and access that information.
There are a few steps you can follow that will help keep your UT EID secure:
- Choose a strong password
- Protect your UT EID password
- Log off when you are finished using online applications
The University of Texas at Austin takes your privacy and the security of your UT EID seriously. For more information, refer to How the university ensures your online privacy.