Why does the Toopher app require certain permissions?
The Toopher application requires certain permission in the normal course of providing two factor authentication services. Below, find a brief explanation of the permissions and what these permissions are used for.
- take pictures and video - Toopher has an option to pair via a QR Code. This feature has not been implemented at UT.
- precise location (GPS and network based) - These permissions allow Toopher to automate authentication.
- find accounts on the device/user accounts on the device - This is required to allow the Toopher app to receive push notifications. Toopher does not have access to any of your account information.
- full network access - Needed in order to perform two factor authentication.
- received data from internet - Needed in order to perform two factor authentication.
- control vibration - To notify you where there is a pending request on your device for approval.
- prevent phone from sleeping - To prevent your phone from sleeping (and therefore interrupting the authentication) in the middle of approving a two factor authentication request.
- push notifications - To notify you where there is a pending request on your device for approval.
- location services - These permissions allow Toopher to automate authentication.
For more information, please see: