Welcome to your Faculty and Staff Toolki! On this page you will find helpful information in regards to the services the The Office of Institutional Equity offers to you.
- Complaint FAQ
- Educational Training and Programs
- Incident Report Form
- OIE policies
- OIE Poster and Brochure
- Student Disability Accomodations
Where to Get Help
Faculty or staff members who believe they have experienced unlawful discrimination or discriminatory harassment by faculty or staff members may discuss the matter with the Office of Institutional Equity. In some cases, faculty members may wish to use the faculty grievance procedure in their unit.
To learn more, please click on the following link to get detailed information about OIE and our services.
- Faculty may also consult with the Office of the Faculty Ombuds, Mary Steinhardt, at (512) 232-3535.
- Staff may also consult with the Office of the Staff Ombuds, Jennifer G. Sims, at (512) 232-8205.
- Faculty or Staff who need an accommodation due to a disability may contact the ADA Coordinator, Linda Millstone, at (512) 471-2437.
Other Human Resources Services that faculty or staff may consult with include:
- The Conflict Management and Dispute Resolution Office at (512) 471-6638.
- Employee Relations/Strategic Workplace Solutions at (512) 475-7200; and
- The Employee Assistance Program at (512) 471-3366.
Related Resources & Websites
- BCAL — Behavior Concerns Advice Line
- Campus Diversity and Strategic Initiatives
- Gender Neutral Restroom Locations
- Lactation and Quiet Room Locations
- Campus Climate Response Team
LINKS TO EXTERNAL AGENCIES:
- US Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law – November 2009
- Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law – November 2009 (Spanish poster)
- U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights (OCR)
- Texas Workforce Commission on Human Rights
- U.S. Department of Justice ADA Home Page
- Job Accommodation Network (JAN)