The University of Texas at Austin is committed to creating and maintaining an environment free of discrimination, harassment (including sexual harassment), sexual misconduct, and retaliation. OIE administers and helps to clarify and interpret the University's policies related to such prohibited conduct.
Consensual romantic relationships between supervisors and subordinate employees and faculty and students are also subject to University policies and must be reported to OIE.
It is against the University’s Nondiscrimination, Anti-Harassment and Sexual Misconduct Policies to discriminate, harass, or retaliate on the basis of the following: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, National Origin, Age, Disability, Genetic Information, Veteran Status, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and Gender Expression.
University Policies Administered by the Office of Institutional Equity, include:
- Nondiscrimination Policy, 3-3020 in the Handbook of Operating Procedures
- Prohibition of Sexual Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, Sexual Assault, Sexual Misconduct, Interpersonal Violence, and Stalking, 3-3031 in the Handbook of Operating Procedures (formerly 3-3030 and 3-3040)
- Consensual Relationships Policy, 3-3050 in the Handbook of Operating Procedures
- Disability Accommodations for Applicants and Employees Policy, 3-3010 in theHandbook of Operating Procedures
- Chapter 13: Speech, Expression and Assembly, APP. C of the Institutional Rules on Student Services and Activities, particularly Subchapter 13-200, Section 13-204 on Harassment