The University of Texas at Austin is committed to creating and maintaining an environment free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation. OIE helps to clarify and interpret university policies related to such practices.
Consensual romantic relationships involving a faculty, staff, or student with a faculty or staff member of the university community are subject to other university policies and must be reported to OIE.
It is against the university’s Nondiscrimination, Anti-harassment and Sexual Misconduct Policy to discriminate, harass, or retaliate on the basis of the following: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, National Origin, Age, Disability, Genetic Information, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and Gender Expression.
Office of Institutional Equity Policies
University policies taken into consideration by the Office of Institutional Equity as the facts of an incident are obtained are as follows:
- Nondiscrimination Policy, 3-3020 in the Handbook of Operating Procedures
- Sex Discrimination and Sexual Harassment Policy, 3-3030 in the Handbook of Operating Procedures
- Sexual Misconduct Policy, 3-3040 in the Handbook of Operating Procedures
- Consensual Relationships Policy, 3-3050 in the Handbook of Operating Procedures
- Disability Accommodations for Applicants and Employees Policy, 3-3010 in theHandbook of Operating Procedures
- Chapter 13: Speech, Expression and Assembly, APP. C of the Institutional Rules on Student Services and Activities, particularly Subchapter 13-200, Section 13-204 on Harassment