Requesting furniture repair and maintenance services
Request service online at any time through WORQS. You may also check the status of your request on WORQS by reading the "Requestor Profile" page. You also have the option to call the Facilities Service Center at 512-471-2020, or download and complete a Service Request form SR10 (pdf) and fax to 512-471-8788.
If you need emergency furniture repairs, call the Facilities Service Center at 512-471-2020.
Purchasing New Furniture
If you are interested in purchasing new furniture or having furniture built, visit the Project Management and Construction Services website.
Our furniture shop offers the following assembly, repair and restoration services and provides cost estimates for any work you request.
Services for the entire campus:
- Repair classroom and auditorium furniture
Services for faculty/staff:
- Assemble furniture and panels/partitions
- Disassemble and reassemble furniture to be moved
- Disassemble and reassemble modular partitions
- Install and repair furniture locks
- Install keyboard trays
- Open locked drawers and cabinets
- Paint metal chairs and file cabinets
- Paint truck racks
- Repair drapes and curtains
- Repair and reupholster backstop pads
- Repair antique furniture
- Repair awnings and tarps
- Repair, refinish and reupholster office furniture
- Reupholster weight benches
- Reupholster vehicle seats and headliners
Furniture Shop location:
J.J. Pickle Research Campus (PRC), Building 136, Room 1.212
Hours of Operation: 7:30 a.m.-4 p.m., Monday-Friday
Phone: 512-471-3335 Fax: 512-475-6433
Supervisor: Kaleb Allen, 512-471-1898