How to Pick Up Keys
To pick up keys, go to the Lock and Key Services office between 7:30 a.m. and 4 p.m., Monday-Friday.
What you need with you to pick up keys:
- Your university ID, or another valid photo ID and your UT EID (if you do not have an EID, you can get an EID online)
- A valid key request form (pdf)
How to Return Keys
You may return keys in person, in a key return box, or in the mail. Just take the following steps:
- In person: go to the service counter where you picked up your keys and a representative will help you
- In the key return box: seal your key(s) in an envelope that is labeled with your name, EID, department, and the number of keys you are returning, and leave it in the key return box in the lobby of SER 101
- In the mail: seal your key(s) in an envelope that includes your name, EID, department, and the number of keys you are returning, and mail through campus mail or the U.S. Postal Service to:
The University of Texas at Austin
Lock and Key Services
1 University Station H7025
Austin, TX 78712
Note: You must return keys to the Lock and Key Services office in order for us to remove the keys from your record, so be sure to return them properly using one of the methods listed above. (It is best to return keys in person so you can get a receipt of return.)
How to Get Replacement Keys
- If your key is imperfect or broken, bring the key and a photo ID to the Lock and Key Services office and we will replace it
- If you lose your key or have broken your key and do not have all the broken pieces, get a new key request form from the person in your department with key signature authority and we will provide a new key
- If your locks change, bring your old key and a valid new key request form (pdf) to the Lock and Key Services office and we will give you a new key
File Cabinet, Desk and Miscellaneous Keys
How to get copies of file cabinet, desk, and miscellaneous keys:
To get copies of keys for file cabinets, desks, or other miscellaneous non-university-issued locks, fill out a service request online through WORQS or fax a completed service request form (pdf) to (512) 471-8788. Lock and Key Services will receive your request. A representative from our shop will call you if we have any questions. Otherwise, you will receive a call from us to let you know your key is ready, usually within 24 hours. Please note we are unable to create double-sided keys.
Make sure the SR10 includes the following:
- Your department’s account number
- Signature of the person responsible for your department’s accounts
- A list of the keys you need made
- Codes for the keys you are requesting (code can usually be found on the key, or in small type on the lock that the key goes into)
- Whether you have a copy of the key you want duplicated
If you do not have a copy of the key or do not know the code for the key you need, do one of the following:
- Submit a service request form online through WORQS or fax a completed service request form (pdf) to (512) 471-8788 asking Lock and Key Services to attend the lock, and include the building and room number location of the furniture item on the form. Please note that it may take an additional 24-48 hours to complete this key request.
- Contact the Furniture Shop at 512-471-3335, and ask them to change the locks and give you new keys.
- Contact your local locksmith or hardware store. They may have the key blanks needed to duplicate your miscellaneous keys; this is legal because furniture keys are not issued by the university.
Costs for miscellaneous key copies:
Copies of miscellaneous keys cost $1.00 each, plus an additional labor charge. The labor charge is cheaper if you provide us with a copy of the key you want duplicated. For an estimate of how much it will cost to have miscellaneous keys made, please call 512-471-8640. If you simply need your furniture unlocked, read about locks.
If you are a contractor who needs to get keys for a building on campus, please ask your university contact person to complete a Contractor's Key Request Form (pdf).
A Contractor's Key Request Form should include:
- The building and room numbers of the keys the contractor needs
- The contractor's name and local contact information
- The signature of the authorized requestor
Once we process this form, we will contact you and you will be able to pick up the keys from Lock and Key Services during normal business hours. These keys will only be distributed for temporary use and you are required to return the keys to Lock and Key Services when you are done with them.
Mechanical Room Keys
For your safety, we generally give mechanical room access to Facilities Services staff members only. However, university faculty or staff members may request controlled access to mechanical rooms in special situations. To request mechanical room access, complete a Mechanical Room Access Request Form (pdf), and submit the form to Lock and Key Services. Be sure to note the specific mechanical room(s) you wish to access on the form.
We will carefully review your request according to your particular circumstances and the contents of the room you are requesting access to, and we will notify you of whether your request is approved. If your request is approved, you will then need to submit a SR10 (pdf) work request form to have the mechanical room(s) re-keyed to accommodate both the mechanical master key and your sub-key. Once the SR10 (pdf) form is processed, Lock and Key Services will re-key the mechanical room(s) and your department will be charged for the cost of the re-key.
On the Pickle Research Campus . . .
Call 512-471-8640 with all key-related questions.