Locks and Keys
We are your resource for keys, lock changes, lock maintenance, and key records for all university buildings.
On the main campus:
Service Building 101 (SER 101)
304 E. 24th St.
Hours: 7:30 a.m. - 4 p.m., Monday-Friday
On the J. J. Pickle Research Campus (PRC):
Send PRC key requests to our new Lock and Key Services e-mail address, LocksandKeys@austin.utexas.edu. You can also find this e-mail address by searching in the Outlook Global Address List for ‘Keys, Locks’. If you have any questions regarding the lock and key process, you may call Main Campus Lock and Key Services at 471-8640.
To Request a Key (PRC Campus Only):
1) Send the PRC Lock and Key Services an e-mail to LocksandKeys@austin.utexas.edu with the following information:
- Name of person making the request (NOTE: The person requesting the key must be an authorized key signer)
- Name and EID of person that will be issued the key
- Building number/Abbreviation
- Room number (NOTE: If multiple rooms need to be accessed, list all room numbers)
3) You will receive an e-mail reply informing you when you may pick up the key(s) at the Key Shop at PRC Building 19.
4) You can pick up your key(s) at the Key Shop at PRC Building 19 on a Tuesday or Thursday between the hours of 8:00 am and 3:30 pm. If you have an urgent need to receive your key(s) at any other day/time, please note this in your e-mail request. We will accommodate your request if possible.
NOTE: When you pick up keys, you must present a completed key request signed by the authorized key signer, and a valid UT ID. If any portion of the key request is not filled out, the key(s) will not be issued.