The University of Texas at Austin - What Starts Here Changes the World
Contact Us | For Staff

Pest Control

How To

How to request pest control services

Request pest control services by completing the SR10 Service Request Form (PDF) or online through WORQS, or call us at 512-471-6888,
7 a.m.-4 p.m., Monday-Friday.


For concerns about wildlife on campus other than pests contact Environmental Health and Safety at 512-471-2287.

List of Services

Refer to the List of Services for other pest- and animal-related services.

Pest Control provides integrated pest management services for university facilities. The pest control technicians are licensed by the Texas Department of Agriculture Structural Pest Control Service and are trained in dealing with insect pests such as roaches, spiders, silverfish, scorpions, ants, flies, fleas, crickets, and termites, as well as rodents and dead animals.

The instructions below apply to both the main and PRC campuses:

What to do if you find a bat:

Bats are considered a high-rabies risk species and should never be touched. If you find a:

Shut all windows and doors, especially in the evening, to help keep bats and other animals from getting into buildings. Visit the Environmental Health and Safety bats and rabies Web page for more information. 

What to do about other types of animals:

For a detailed list of contacts for problems with animals, visit the Environmental Health and Safety Animal Make Safe site.

Our Services