One of the five Core Values of Facilities Services is stewardship. As stewards of the university’s facility-related services, we strive to conduct our business in an environmentally, socially, and economically responsible manner.
Facilities Services actively reduces consumption, recycles, protects the environment, and restores resources in our day-to-day operations. We also support other campus community sustainability efforts.
Visit these pages to learn more about Facilities Services sustainability activities:
- NEW! Energy & Water Conservation Program - How we conserve energy and water on campus. The program includes several active initiatives such as Longhorn Lights Out.
- Renewable Energy Projects — What we are doing to explore the use of sustainable energy on campus
- Building Optimization - How we restore buildings' heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems to operate as originally designed
- Reducing — How we avoid, reduce, or eliminate waste
- Recycling — What we do to recycle materials, equipment, and other resources
- Renewing — How we restore and renew resources to extend their useful life
- Protecting — Steps we take to safeguard the environment