Longhorn Lights Out
NEWS AND HIGHLIGHTS
Stay tuned for news about:
- July 2014 Grand Prize Winner!
- Survey Results - Your feedback matters!
- What's New in September?
- Volunteer Updates - You can make a difference!
New Conservation app at UT - Get it for your device!
Did you know that The University of Texas at Austin has a sustainability app called UTConserve? UTConserve lets you join the UT community in earning pins and badges for sustainable actions you take every day on campus. You can also win prizes in monthly contests. Join us for some friendly competitions and download the app at www.joulebug.com/utconserve/.
RESULTS FROM LAST MONTH'S LLO:
Click here to get more details, how to volunteer, and other cool information about Longhorn Lights Out.
OUR VOLUNTEERS MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
The success of Longhorn Lights Out (LLO) requires the efforts of many people on our team. And that includes our amazing volunteers, whose commitment and enthusiasm is unmatched!
For the April 2014 LLO, we collaborated with Engineers for a Sustainable World (ESW) as we led a team of 33 volunteers, representing seven colleges at the university, to assist in reducing loads in common areas. Our teams turned off 4,080 light switches, 6 projectors, and 36 computer monitors in 28 buildings.
Longhorn Lights Out volunteer opportunities for students will return in the Fall 2014 semester.
We'd love to hear from you!
RESOURCES FOR ENERGY CONSERVATION AT WORK AND AT HOME
- If you have trouble locating a light switch, or have questions about saving energy at work or home, e-mail our energy stewards at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- At home, you may find it helpful to follow guidelines for "When To Turn Off Your Lights" offered by the U.S. Department of Energy.