View in portable document format.
DOCUMENTS OF THE GENERAL FACULTY
ANNUAL FACULTY GOVERNANCE JOINT MEETING
TEXAS A&M UNIVERSITY FACULTY SENATE
THE UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS AT AUSTIN FACULTY COUNCIL
Recommendations of the Breakout Session on Faculty Accountability and Evaluation
- mprove the community outreach and communications programs of both institutions to better inform the public about the goals and achievements of the two institutions. Develop strategies for accomplishing this based on a review of best practices at other first-tier universities.
- Coordinate the communications efforts of UT and TAMU in informing the public about the goals and achievements of the two institutions.
- Better articulate the impact of quality education and research on society in general and the state of Texas in particular.
- Involve alumni in articulating the missions of the two institutions.
- Develop faculty accountability and assessment procedures based on a review of best practices at other first-tier universities. Draw comparisons with our peer institutions in other states.
- Resist attempts to separate teaching and research activities of faculty at the two flagship universities. Explain how academic research contributes to high quality teaching by creating the content of what is taught in both undergraduate and graduate courses.
Michael Domjan, UT
Ramesh Talreja, TAMU
Co-Chairs of the Breakout Session