DOCUMENTS OF THE GENERAL FACULTY
SEVENTH REGULAR MEETING OF THE FACULTY COUNCIL FOR 2013-2014
|The University of Texas at Austin
Main Building, Room 212
Monday, March 17, 2014
ORDER OF BUSINESS
- REPORT OF THE SECRETARY (D 11461-11477)—Dean Neikirk (professor, electrical and computer engineering).
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES.
- Minutes of the Regular Faculty Council Meeting of February 17, 2014 (D 11478-11486).
- COMMUNICATION WITH THE PRESIDENT—William Powers Jr.
- Comments by the President.
- Questions to the President.
Update on February 17, 2014, question from the floor from Blinda McClelland (lecturer, biology instruction office): “My concern is for the work study program and the hourly pay that the students get, and whether they are being compensated for the snow days either by the administration or by the departments, the units. How is that being handled?”
- REPORT OF THE CHAIR— Hillary Hart (distinguished senior lecturer, civil, architectural, and environmental engineering).
- REPORT OF THE CHAIR ELECT—William Beckner (professor, mathematics).
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS—None.
- REPORTS OF THE GENERAL FACULTY, COLLEGES, SCHOOLS, AND COMMITTEES.
- Report from the Academic Calendar Committee on Extending the Thanksgiving Break (D 11445-11449)—Hillary Hart.
- Report from the Educational Policy Committee on Required and Proposed Revisions to the Basic Form Course Evaluation (D 11450-11460)—Mary Rose (committee chair, sociology).
- NEW BUSINESS.
- Nominations for Appointment to the Co-op Board of Directors (D 11442)—Hillary Hart.
- Election for Faculty Representation on the Undergraduate Studies Advisory Committee (D 11443-11444)—Hillary Hart.
- ANNOUNCEMENTS AND COMMENTS.
- The next Faculty Council meeting will be held on April 14, 2014, in MAI 212 at 2:15 PM.
- The final voting phase for representation on the Faculty Council and five standing committees opens March 24, 2014 <https://utdirect.utexas.edu/afgf/sc_list.WBX>.
- QUESTIONS TO THE CHAIR.
Dean Neikirk, Secretary
General Faculty and Faculty Council
Posted on the Faculty Council website
on March 14, 2014.