DOCUMENTS OF THE GENERAL FACULTY
EIGHTH REGULAR MEETING OF THE FACULTY COUNCIL FOR 2013-2014
|The University of Texas at Austin
Main Building, Room 212
Monday, April 14, 2014
ORDER OF BUSINESS
- REPORT OF THE SECRETARY (D 11528-11544)—Dean Neikirk (professor, electrical and computer engineering).
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES.
- Minutes of the Regular Faculty Council Meeting of March 17, 2014 (D 11545-11557).
- COMMUNICATION WITH THE PRESIDENT—William Powers Jr.
- Comments by the President.
- Questions to the President.
- REPORT OF THE CHAIR— Hillary Hart (distinguished senior lecturer, civil, architectural, and environmental engineering).
- Report on the new Wiki, which provides information for dealing with sites such as Course Hero.
- REPORT OF THE CHAIR ELECT—William Beckner (professor, mathematics).
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS—None.
- NEW BUSINESS.
- Report of the Ad Hoc Committee on Technology-Enhanced Education, Final Report and Recommendation (D 11499-11503)—Michael White (committee chair, Graduate Assembly chair, and professor, religious studies and classics).
- Required and Proposed Revisions to the Basic Course Evaluation Form (D 11504-11507)—Mary Rose.
- Nominations for Appointment to the UT Police Oversight Committee (D 11513) — Hillary Hart.
- Nominations for the Intercollegiate Athletics Councils for Men and for Women (D 11514-11515) — Hillary Hart.
- REPORTS OF THE GENERAL FACULTY, COLLEGES, SCHOOLS, AND COMMITTEES.
- Proposal from the University Academic Calendar Committee to Extend the Thanksgiving Break (D 11508-11512)—Hans Hofmann (committee chair and associate professor, integrative biology).
- Proposal to Align Q-Drop and OTE Drop Policies: Academic Dishonesty (D 11516-11518)—Mary Rose.
- Proposal to Align Q-Drop and OTE Drop Policies: Encourage Students to Speak with Professors Before Dropping a Class (D 11519-11520)—Mary Rose.
- Proposal to Change the Twenty-four of the Last Thirty Semester Hours Rule in the General Requirements Section of the Undergraduate Catalog, 2014-2016 (D 11521-11523)—Mary Rose.
- Required and Proposed Revisions to the Extended Course Evaluation Form (D 11524-11527)—Mary Rose.
- ANNOUNCEMENTS AND COMMENTS.
- Special meeting of the 2014-15 Faculty Council, May 5 in MAI 212 at 2:15 pm.
- The next Faculty Council meeting will be held on May 5 in MAI 212 immediately following the special meeting of the 2014-15 Faculty Council.
- Election results for college representatives on the Faculty Council are posted on the election website .
- Continuing Council members submit standing committee preferences by April 25.
- Annual reports of the General Faculty Standing Committees are due May 5.
- QUESTIONS TO THE CHAIR.
Dean Neikirk, Secretary
General Faculty and Faculty Council
Posted on the Faculty Council website
on April 10, 2014.