DOCUMENTS OF THE GENERAL FACULTY
ANNUAL FACULTY COUNCIL PHOTOGRAPH
South Steps of the Main Building, 2:00 PM
FIRST REGULAR MEETING OF THE FACULTY COUNCIL FOR 2013-2014
|The University of Texas at Austin
Main Building, Room 212
Monday, September 16, 2013
ORDER OF BUSINESS
- REPORT OF THE SECRETARY (D 10604-10613)—Dean Neikirk (professor, electrical and computer engineering).
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES.
- Minutes of the Special Faculty Council Meeting of May 6, 2013 (D 10416-10417).
- Minutes of the Regular Faculty Council Meeting of May 6, 2013 (D 10479-10499).
- COMMUNICATION WITH THE PRESIDENT—William Powers Jr.
- Comments by the President.
- Questions to the President.
- REPORT OF THE CHAIR— Hillary Hart (distinguished senior lecturer, civil, architectural, and environmental engineering).
- Update on UTS 180.
- Update on eCIS.
- REPORT OF THE CHAIR ELECT—William Beckner (professor, mathematics).
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS—None.
- REPORTS OF THE GENERAL FACULTY, COLLEGES, SCHOOLS, AND COMMITTEES—None.
- NEW BUSINESS.
- New Travel Policy—Patricia Clubb (vice president for University operations).
- New Faculty-oriented Newsletter—Brooke Bulow (director of communications, Office of Student Affairs).
- Proposed Restructuring of Student Representation on the International Programs and Studies Committee in the Handbook of Operating Procedures 2-1060-PM (D 10596-10599)—Jeanne Freeland-Graves (professor, nutritional sciences and committee chair).
- Resolution from the Faculty Council Executive Committee Regarding Requests Concerning Memorial Resolutions (D 10595)—Hillary Hart.
- ANNOUNCEMENTS AND COMMENTS.
- Suicide Prevention Week, September 23-27. For more information about the week’s events, visit cmhc.utexas.edu.
- QUESTIONS TO THE CHAIR.
Dean Neikirk, Secretary
General Faculty and Faculty Council
Posted on the Faculty Council website
on September 10, 2013.