DOCUMENTS OF THE GENERAL FACULTY
SECOND REGULAR MEETING OF THE FACULTY COUNCIL FOR 2013-2014
|The University of Texas at Austin
Main Building, Room 212
Monday, October 21, 2013
ORDER OF BUSINESS
- REPORT OF THE SECRETARY (D 10696-10704)—Dean Neikirk (professor, electrical and computer engineering).
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES.
- Minutes of the Regular Faculty Council Meeting of September 16, 2013 (D 10705-10710).
- COMMUNICATION WITH THE PRESIDENT—William Powers Jr.
- Comments by the President.
- Questions to the President.
- REPORT OF THE CHAIR— Hillary Hart (distinguished senior lecturer, civil, architectural, and environmental engineering).
- Introduction of Executive Vice President and Provost Gregory L. Fenves.
- Update on the Model HOP for UTS 180.
- Technology-Enhanced Education Oversight Committee (D 10712).
- REPORTS OF THE GENERAL FACULTY, COLLEGES, SCHOOLS, AND COMMITTEES.
- Increasing Faculty Engagement in a Deregulated Athletics Context, Coalition on Intercollegiate Athletics (D 10669-10673)—Edmund T. (Ted) Gordon (COIA representative and department chair, African and African diaspora studies).
- REPORT OF THE CHAIR ELECT—William Beckner (professor, mathematics).
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS—None.
- NEW BUSINESS.
- Shared Services—Kevin Hegarty (vice president and chief financial officer).
- Resolution from the Faculty Council Executive Committee Regarding the Conferral of Degrees (D 10626)—Hillary Hart.
- ANNOUNCEMENTS AND COMMENTS.
- The next Faculty Council meeting will be held on November 18, 2013, in MAI 212 at 2:15 PM.
- QUESTIONS TO THE CHAIR.
Dean Neikirk, Secretary
General Faculty and Faculty Council
Posted on the Faculty Council website
on October 16, 2013.