DOCUMENTS OF THE GENERAL FACULTY
THIRD REGULAR MEETING OF THE FACULTY COUNCIL FOR 2013-2014
|The University of Texas at Austin
Main Building, Room 212
Monday, November 18, 2013
ORDER OF BUSINESS
- REPORT OF THE SECRETARY (D 10786-10806)—Dean Neikirk (professor, electrical and computer engineering).
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES.
- Minutes of the Regular Faculty Council Meeting of October 21, 2013 (D 10807-10848).
- COMMUNICATION WITH THE PRESIDENT—William Powers Jr.
- Comments by the President.
- Questions to the President.
Llewellyn Rabenberg (associate professor, mechanical engineering) has requested that you comment on the following two affirmative action cases that are working their way through the courts:
• Fisher v. The University of Texas at Austin
• Schuette v. Coalition to Defend Affirmative Action (Michigan)
- NEW BUSINESS.
- Report on Sustainability Issues—Jim Walker (director of sustainability) and Steven Moore (professor, architecture).
- REPORT OF THE CHAIR— Hillary Hart (distinguished senior lecturer, civil, architectural, and environmental engineering).
- REPORT OF THE CHAIR ELECT—William Beckner (professor, mathematics).
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS—None.
- REPORTS OF THE GENERAL FACULTY, COLLEGES, SCHOOLS, AND COMMITTEES—None.
- NEW BUSINESS CONTINUED.
- Update to the Core Curriculum Course Lists for the Undergraduate Catalog, 2014-2016 (D 10727-10732)—Brent Iverson (dean, undergraduate studies) and Lawrence Abraham (associate dean, undergraduate studies).
- ANNOUNCEMENTS AND COMMENTS.
- The next Faculty Council meeting will be held on December 9, 2013, in MAI 212 at 2:15 PM.
- QUESTIONS TO THE CHAIR.
Dean Neikirk, Secretary
General Faculty and Faculty Council
Posted on the Faculty Council website on November 14, 2013.