Required and Proposed Revisions to the Extended Course Evaluation Form (D 11524-11527
Professor Rose presented proposed changes to the expanded Course Instructor Survey form, which would automatically include all of the questions from the basic form that had been approved by the Council and would preserve six items that the EPC thought covered a good range of different topics and three new ones.1
The six existing items are:
- The instructor showed a thorough knowledge of the course material.
- The instructor seemed genuinely interested in teaching the course.
- The instructor gave adequate instructions concerning assignments.
- The tests/assignments were usually graded and returned promptly.
- In my opinion, the assignments, presentations, projects or papers required in this course were worthwhile learning experiences.
- My performance in this course has been evaluated fairly.
The committee proposed adding three items:
- The instructor encouraged class participation.
- The instructor’s presentations and contributions in class engaged me.
- The instructor’s explanations were clear.
Hearing no comments or questions, Professor Rose said the members would vote on the expanded form on May 5.