2015-2016 General Faculty and Faculty Council Reports
The Secretary's report will be posted approximately one week prior to each meeting.
UTS 175 and UTS 180
UT System Course Evaluations
- UT Austin's Faculty Response
- Draft Policies for Evaluating Faculty
- Faculty Peer Observations of Teaching Policy Recommendations
- Report of the Task Force on the Evaluation of Faculty Teaching
Concealed Handguns on Campus
- Campus Carry Working Group
- October 16th FCEC Statement
- Campus Carry Provisions Excerpt, Sept. 21st meeting
- FCEC Statement on Campus Carry, June 17th
- 2015 Spring Resolution Reaffirming the Ban of Firearms on Campus
- Testimony by Andrea Gore, Feb. 12 Senate Hearing on SB11 by Birdwell (Concealed Carry) (pdf)
- SB 11: Birdwell | et al.
- SB 346: Estes | et al.
- Chancellor McRaven's letter regarding handguns on campuses, Jan. 29, 2015
- Statewide Faculty Resolutions on Concealed Handguns on Campus
- Resolution Reaffirming the Ban of Firearms on Campus, endorsed by the Faculty Council on Feb. 18, 2013
- Copyright Management of Course Materials
- Task Force on Intellectual Property: Disposition, Practices, and Mechanisms of Implementation
- Parking Strategies Committee Draft Report
- Response to Request by University of Texas System for Feedback on Proposal to Post Student Comments from Course Instructor Surveys
Reports to the Council
- Rules and Regulations of the Faculty Council (D 13147-13161).
- Schedule of Meetings for the General Faculty and Faculty Council for 2014-2015 (D 13162).
- Faculty Council Membership for 2014-2015 (D 13163-13169).
- Resolution from the Faculty Council Executive Committee Regarding Conferral of Degrees (D 13170).
- State of the University Address, September 17, 2015 (D 13194-13201).
- Update to the Core Corriculum Course Lists for the 2016-2017 General Information Catalog (D 13272 -13277).
- Proposal to Change the "Designated College Scholars" Policy as a Approved by the Educational Policy Committee (D 13694-13695).
- Campus Carry Resolution, November 16, 2015 (D 13607).
- AAUP Academic Freedom and Responsibility Resolution (D 13608).
- AAUP Joint Statement Opposing "Campus Carry" Laws (D 13609).
- Annual Report of the University Faculty Ombudsperson for 2014-2015 (D 13754).
- Campus Carry Resolution, January 25, 2016 (D 14033).
Reports from previous years