Parenting is a challenging and ever-changing job, whether you’re new to Austin, new to being a parent or new to your child’s next stage of development, you can find information and resources below to help your child and family learn and grow.
- Hire a Longhorn
- University of Texas Autism Program (UTAP)
- Child Development Center — The Child Development Centers provide high-quality care and education for children as well as support services for their families.
- HealthPoint Employee Assistance Program — helps employees and their families keep a healthy balance in their lives.
- Lactation/Quiet Rooms
- Work/Life Balance Resources
- Staff Emergency Fund
- Staff Educational Benefit
- Human Resource Services
- Priscilla Pond Flawn Child and Family Laboratory
- Employee Discount Program
- Recreation and Intramurals
- International Office — Family Friendly Programs
- Neighborhood Longhorns
- Informal Classes
- Public Transportation Options:
- Speech and Hearing Center
- Faculty Family Friendly Policy — Check out this policy for information about modified instruction policy, extension of tenure track probationary period, emergency leave and family medical leave.
- Faculty Mom’s Listserv
After-School Care and
- Zach Scott Theatre Program
- City of Austin Parks and Recreation — Visit this site for information about the Dougherty Arts Center, nature and science facilities, and neighborhood recreation centers.
- Ballet Austin
- Butler Community School
- Kids Acting
- Longhorn Aquatics
- Austin Lyric Opera Armstrong Community Music
- Austin YMCA
- Austin Symphony
- Blanton Museum of Art Education Programs
- Austin Public Library
- Austin Children’s Theater
In the Community
- 2-1-1 Basic Needs Directory
- Lesbians and Gay, Bisexual and Transgendered Parenting
- Resources for children with a family member who has a chronic or life threatening illness
- State Programs for Single Parents
- Breast Feeding Help — You can find useful breastfeeding tips and support though La Leche League of Austin.
- Cooperative Parenting Program — Explore this program’s classes about children and divorce.
- Divorce Support
- Lotsa Helping Hands — This Web-based community creates a support network in times of need.
Summer Camp Guides
- Austin Family Web site — Follow the site’s “summer camp” link for more information and click on summer camp
- Computer Camp
- Austin School District
- Private School Guide
- Eanes School District
- Hayes County School District
- Williamson County: Bartlett ISD, Burnet CISD, Coupland ISD, Georgetown ISD, Granger ISD, Hutto ISD, Jarrell ISD, Leander ISD, Lexington ISD, Liberty Hill ISD, Pflugerville ISD, Round Rock ISD, Taylor ISD, Thorndale ISD and Thrall ISD