Tuition Policy Advisory Committee
The committee's recommendation is submitted in writing to the president. After receiving the report, the president shares it with the university community and holds at least one public forum to hear public comment. Then the president meets with the committee to discuss the public's response.
He or she takes the committee's recommendation and the public's response under consideration but retains the discretion to make changes to the proposal that he or she believes to be in the best interests of the university.
The president submits the final tuition proposal to the Board of Regents, and the recommendation of the committee accompanies the final proposal.
|Fall 2010 TPAC Meetings
Download Adobe Reader.
Annually, the committee reviews a multi-year operating and capital budget forecast that is provided by the chief financial officer and the budget director. This update provides a comprehensive financial picture and focuses principally on significant changes to the previous year's forecast.
Each forecast incorporates revenue assumptions (tuition, Available University Fund, etc.) and includes as a separate item projections for tuition revenue.
In the off years when the committee does not make a recommendation, the tuition projection is based on the most recent tuition rates that have been approved by the Board of Regents. In the years that the committee does make a recommendation, the forecast may include additional tuition income based on the committee's recommended tuition rates.
The forecast also includes key recommended expense and policy assumptions, including salary programs, anticipated changes in student enrollment, number of faculty, repair, renovation and capital improvement needs.
- Steve Leslie, Executive Vice President and Provost, Co-chair
- Kevin Hegarty, Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, Co-chair
- Victoria Rodriguez, Vice Provost and Dean of Graduate Studies
- Randy Diehl, Dean, College of Fine Arts
- Pauline Strong, Chair of the Faculty Advisory Committee on Budgets
- Scott Parks, Student Government Representative
- Chelsea Adler, Senate of College Councils Representative
- Manny Gonzalez, Graduate Student Assembly Representative
- Aryele Bradford, Student Representative at Large
Non-Voting Advisory Members