Application Deadline: December 1
- Begin your ApplyTexas application to the university at Bealonghorn.utexas.edu.
- Applicants to Studio Art, Design, and Visual Art Studies must also submit a portfolio through SlideRoom to complete their application.
- All applicants submit a response to essay topic D as their second required essay.
Things to Know
New students are admitted for the fall semester only.
To be considered for admission to the Department of Art and Art History, you must select one of the following programs as your first-choice major:
- BA Art History (570700) No Portfolio Required
- BFA Design (509904) Portfolio Required
- BA Studio Art (570800) Portfolio Required
- BFA Studio Art (509953) Portfolio Required
- BFA Visual Art Studies (509956) Portfolio Required
Applicants not admitted to BFA Design will automatically be considered for admission to BFA Studio Art. Please do not submit two portfolios.
Students can only apply to ONE major in the department. Second choice majors must be selected from a different college/school at the university.
For more information about the degree plans that we offer, visit our individual program pages or download our 2016-2018 Undergraduate Degree Guidelines for Prospective Students (pdf).
Our programs are structured to introduce you to a variety of media and ideas. Your portfolio should reflect a willingness to experiment with process and format. In your portfolio, we want to see a diverse range of interests explored in a variety of media (Drawing and other 2D media, 3D, Digital, Time-Based Media, etc.). Submit a total of 16 images showcasing your strongest works from the last two years. Your portfolio should include 4-5 examples of observational or perspective drawing (i.e. life drawings, still-life drawings, gesture studies, and architectural drawings).
- Create a SlideRoom Account.
- Choose your mode of admission (Freshman) and program (BA Studio Art, BFA Studio Art, BFA Design, BFA Visual Art Studies).
- Upload your media.
- Submit your portfolio.
- Check your MyStatus page. Portfolios should display as received within 5 business days.
If you need assistance contact the SlideRoom help desk.