These organizations offer information on grants, health/liability insurance, professional development, rehearsal and performance venues, studio space, legal and accounting services, and job opportunities, as well as providing places to post events.
- The Actors Fund
- Alliance of Artists Communities
- Austin Creative Alliance
- Creative Capital
- Fractured Atlas
New York Foundation for the Arts
- Texas Accountants and Lawyers for the Arts
Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts Resources List
A helpful list of links on intellectual property, copyright, contracts, and more.
Regional Foundation Library
While not arts-specific, the Regional Foundation Library is a valuable resource that serves as a bridge between the grant-seeking and grant-making communities. Students can make an appointment with a librarian for information on research funding.
These sites offer targeted job listings in your field. For additional arts-specific and general job search tools and subscription listings available to currently enrolled fine arts undergraduate and graduate students, please visit the Find a Job or Internship page.
- Americans for the Arts Job Bank
- Austin Actors Auditions
- OffStage Jobs
- Entertainment Careers
- Showbiz Jobs
Professional organizations are a way to build a network in your chosen career, often hosting events, offering continuing education opportunities, and sharing other resources of interest. Membership is usually required for full access, but many organizations offer student rates.
- Actors' Equity
- American Alliance for Theatre and Education
- Association for Theatre in Higher Education
- Center for Educator Development in Fine Arts
- The Dramatists Guild of America
- Educational Theatre Association
- Literary Managers & Dramaturgs of the Americas
- PLASA: The Worldwide Voice of Entertainment Technologies
- Screen Actors Guild
- Texas Nonprofit Theatres
- Theatre Communications Group
- United States Institute for Theatre Technology
- Mid-America Arts Alliance
- National Endowment for the Arts
- Texas Commission on the Arts
- Texas Film Commission
UT Fine Arts Library Resources
The UT Fine Arts Library has area-specific online resources that include research advice, databases, electronic journals, and links, as well as a complete list of fine arts periodicals available to browse at the library.
Book of Lists
The Book of Lists provides comprehensive coverage of local business news and information from major metropolitan cities. It is a great tool for researching industries and individual organizations located by city.
- The Lincoln Center Directors Lab
- National Performance Network
- New Dramatists
- Playbill Online
- The Playwrights' Center
- Texas Educational Theatre Association
- University/Resident Theatre Association
- Working Actor's Guide to Los Angeles
- Advising & Registration
- Deadlines & Events
- Degree Guidelines & 4-year Plans
- Graduating Seniors
- Fine Arts Career Services
- Student Organizations
- Study Abroad
- Fine Arts Library
- Our Staff