Deadlines & Events
Important Deadlines: Fall 2014
View the 2014-2015 calendar for a complete listing of all important University dates and deadlines.
- Last day you can add a course on your own. You do this online. After the deadline, you must go to the department offering the course.
- Twelfth class day, this is the date the official enrollment count is taken.
- Last day to add a course (done in the department offering the course) without needing to appeal.
- Last day you can drop a course on your own. You do this online. After the deadline, you must initiate a Q-Drop in the Student Affairs office, DFA 1.103.
- Last day to drop a course for a possible refund
- Last day to drop a class.
- Last day a student can withdraw from the University or drop a class except for urgent and substantiated, nonacademic reasons. This is done in the Student Affairs office.
- Last day to apply for an undergraduate degree. You must apply to graduate by this date if you wish to receive your degree in December. This is done in the Student Affairs office.
- Last day an undergraduate student may register In Absentia (If you have completed all your degree requirements, are NOT currently enrolled and now want to apply to graduate).
- Last day to change a course to or from Pass/Fail. This is done in the Student Affairs office.
2014 College of Fine Arts New Student Welcome
Dean Douglas Dempster, the faculty, staff and students of the College of Fine Arts invite all new undergraduate students to the 20th annual New Student Welcome!
New Student Welcome is a college-wide party honoring new freshmen and transfer students and will be held on Tuesday, August 26, 2014, at 5:30pm. Come to the Co-Op Fine Arts Student Center in the DFA Building, 1st floor for karaoke, pizza* and prizes!
Dress casually and wear comfortable shoes! Right after the New Student Welcome, we will walk to the Gone to Texas festivities at the Main Building (the tower) - a university-wide gathering that celebrates the start of your career at UT Austin.
This event is for new undergraduate students in the College of Fine Arts only.
* Vegetarian options will be provided, if you prefer vegan or non-dairy, please call ahead.
For more information call Student Affairs at 512-471-5011