Deadlines & Events
Important Deadlines: Fall 2013
View the 2013-2014 Long Session Calendar for a complete listing of all important University dates and deadlines.
- Last day you can add a course on your own. You do this online. After the deadline, you must go to the department offering the course.
- Twelfth class day, this is the date the official enrollment count is taken.
- Last day to add a course (done in the department offering the course) without needing to appeal.
- Last day you can drop a course on your own. You do this online. After the deadline, you must initiate a Q-Drop in the Student Affairs office, DFA 1.103.
- Last day to drop a course for a possible refund.
- Last day to change a course to or from Pass/Fail. This is done in the Student Affairs office.
- Last day a students (with the dean's approval) withdraw from the University or drop a class except for urgent and substantiated, nonacademic reasons. This is done in the Student Affairs office.
- Last day an undergraduate student may register In Absentia (If you have completed all your degree requirements, are NOT currently enrolled and now want to apply to graduate).
- Last day to apply for an undergraduate degree. You must apply to graduate by this date if you wish to receive your degree in December. This is done in the Student Affairs office.
Fall 2013 Commencement Ceremony
Date: Saturday, December 7 2013
Time: 3:00 p.m.
Location: LBJ Auditorium (located in the building that houses the LBJ Museum and Library)
Guest seating will begin at 2:00 PM and the ceremony will last approximately one hour. A reception will be held immediately following the ceremony in the lobby of the LBJ Auditorium.
Free parking is available directly east of the building in lots 37, 38, and 39 (access via Red River Street). Free Parking is also available in the Manor Road Garage on Robert Dedman Drive, directly across the street from Texas Memorial Stadium.
Please note: This ceremony is only for students receiving undergraduate Fine Arts degrees. If you are receiving a graduate degree in Fine Arts, please contact the Office of Graduate Studies at 471-4511 for information about your ceremony.