University-wide Commencement Ceremony (Spring only)
Applying to Graduate: Deadlines and Procedures
Spring 2014 graduating seniors:
Apply to graduate in DFA 1.103 between January 13th and March 31st.
How do Fine Arts students apply to graduate?
If you are currently enrolled:
- you apply to graduate during the semester you wish to graduate.
you will receive instructions via SAN at the beginning of the semester.
- If you don’t receive this SAN, we don’t know you plan to graduate this semester! Contact us!
- you can review your degree audit at IDA: Interactive Degree Audit
- you graduate only if all your degree, residency, GPA, and departmental requirements are completed at the end of the semester.
If you are NOT currently enrolled:
- you are an in absentia student (this means you are absent from the university when you graduate).
- contact Student Affairs (512-471-5011) to discuss the in absentia graduation process.
- you apply to graduate in absentia during the semester you wish to graduate.
- a $25 in absentia fee is required at the time of application.
- a possible $75 readmission fee is required if you were not enrolled in the previous long semester (fall or spring).
- before you can apply to graduate in absentia, all your degree, residency, GPA, and departmental requirements must be completed!