- Season & Tickets
- Prospective Undergraduate
- Graduate Programs
- Current Students
- Summer Programs
TPA Paint and Scene Shop
The UT Department of Theatre and Dance has a close partnership with the UT Texas Performing Arts, which offers our students use of its fully equipped state-of-the-art scene shop. Full time professional staff members teach and work with Theatre and Dance students to design and create the scenery for all of our regular season productions.
Theatre and Dance students have access to a full complement of woodworking power tools as well as a metal shop, machine shop, 40' x 20' paint frame, cold cutting metal saw, MIG and TIG welders and a forge.
- 7,000 sq. ft. scenery construction space
- 4,700 sq. ft. scene painting studio
- 1,400 sq. ft. machine shop and motion control laboratory
- 2,000 sq. ft. props construction space
- 8,000 sq. ft. scenery and props storage
- 1,500 sq. ft. electrics shop
The Winship Drama Building also has its own Scene Shop, which is used primarily for teaching and to support scenery load-ins. It contains 4000 square feet of space with 30' ceilings and its own compliment of wood and metal working tools, as well as a 36' by 20' moving paint frame.
The Department also has a Props Shop of nearly 3000 square feet with a miniature woodworking and paint shop.