- Season & Tickets
- Prospective Undergraduate
- Graduate Programs
- Current Students
- Summer Programs
Study Abroad in Italy
Dress, Décor, Culture and Performance in Central Italy
Program Dates: May - July, 2013
Application Final Deadline: December 1, 2012
Applications must be submitted to the Study Abroad Office
This program brings theatre to life through creative participation. It takes you out of the classroom and into the piazzas and streets of the breathtaking city of Florence. With a focus on cultural history, live performance and the experience of art-making in a foreign country, the program includes experiences in performing, technical theatre, management, directing and design. UT students work side-by-side with international artists and distinguished members of the UT faculty. Acting, designing, building and working together, students will create work that synthesizes their ideas with the Florentine aesthetic.
- TD 354T - Dress, Decor, Culture, and Performance in Central Italy (Cross listing: TD 388L)
- TD 314P - Production Laboratory (Cross listing: TD 324P)
Language of Instruction
Students earn six hours of in-residence credit upon successful completion of the program. Students register for the courses during summer registration. Grades are factored into the official UT GPA, just as they are for courses taken on campus.
- Meeting minimum requirements does not guarantee acceptance
- Recommended minimum 2.5 GPA
- Good academic standing
Students will live in apartments or dormitory-style housing. A shared room and bathroom are standard. Students are required to live in program housing.
- An application fee of $50
- Summer tuition for six hours of course credit (approximately $2500)
A program fee (approximately $5500).
Program fee includes: $300 non-refundable deposit, program activities, housing, local transportation, and international health insurance.
- Airfare and most meals are not included.
For more information, please visit the page on the Study Abroad Office website.