- Season & Tickets
- Undergraduate Programs
- Graduate Programs
- Current Students
- Summer Programs
Actor Training Program - Register to Audition
An audition is required for admission to this program.
To schedule your audition, choose ONE of the following options:
- Complete the Department of Theatre and Dance Application to schedule your on-campus audition.
- Complete the Department of Theatre and Dance Application and let us know you plan to audition at a regional event.
- Submit a Department Application and online audition through Acceptd.
Applicants who audition at a regional audition event or online will be asked to attend an on-campus callback audition on January 18, 2014 before a final admissions decision will be made. Regional audition events require advance registration with the host organization.
Preparing an Online Audition
Create an online account and submit the following by December 1:
- Personal Introduction and UT EID. (30 seconds)
- Two contemporary, contrasting monologues totaling two minutes in length from published play scripts. Prior to performing your pieces, please state the play title and the character’s name. View tips on audition preparation from our faculty.
Important Information and Deadlines
Online auditions include the Department Application in one step. Online submissions are due by December 1.
Transfer applicants are welcome to pursue general performance studies in the B.A. in Theatre and Dance degree, but are not eligible to audition for the Actor Training Program since this is a four-year sequence of training with UT Austin faculty. The ApplyTexas and Department Application deadline for transfer students is March 1.
Current UT Austin students majoring in the Department of Theatre and Dance may audition for the Actor Training Program, but should speak with Mark-Anthony Zuniga, Academic Advisor, before scheduling an audition. Contact Alyse DeSoto for more information about scheduling an audition at the January 11, 2014 callback.
Current UT Austin students who are not currently majoring in the Department of Theatre and Dance are welcome to pursue general studies in the B.A. in Theatre and Dance degree, but are not eligible to audition for the Actor Training Program. The Department Application deadline for adding or changing a major is March 1.