- Season & Tickets
- Undergraduate Programs
- Graduate Programs
- Current Students
- Summer Programs
B.F.A. in Dance + Teaching Certification - Register to Audition
Department of Theatre and Dance application and online auditions will open August 1.
An audition is required for admission to this program.
To begin, choose ONE of the following options:
- Complete the Department of Theatre and Dance Application to schedule your on-campus audition -or-
- Submit a Department Application and online audition through Acceptd
If attending a live audition, submit an artistic resume and two letters of recommendation to email@example.com before your audition date. If auditioning online, be prepared to upload these documents with your audition.
Preparing an Online Audition
Create an online account and submit the following by December 1, 2013:
- Personal Introduction and UT EID. (30 seconds)
- Ballet Barre, executing each of the following once: plies, port de bras, battement tendu, battement degage, rond de jambe a terre, fondu, grands battement and balances in retire and attitude derriere. (Up to 3 minutes)
- Ballet Center, performing the following: 1 adagio exhibiting developpé devant, a la second and promenade in arabesque, 1 turning combination with en dehors and en de dans pirouettes in retire, 1 petite allegro combination, 1 grand allegro combination. (Up to 5 minutes).
- Contemporary Combination, performing modern technique or improvisation. Please state which option you choose and who created the combination. (64 counts minimum, Up to 1 minute)
- Dance Resume
- Two letters of recommendation
Freshmen applicants must complete the Department Application to register to attend an audition no later than three business days before their intended audition. Review audition dates. Online auditions are due by December 1.
Transfer applicants who wish to audition in person must complete the Department Application and register to attend an audition no later than three business days before their intended audition. Review audition dates. Online auditions are due by December 1.
Current Students at UT Austin should speak with Mark-Anthony Zuniga, Academic Advisor, to inquire about switching into the B.F.A. in Dance. Students are also encouraged to meet with Dance faculty, David Justin to discuss their interest in the program. Students should attend a class placement audition offered at the start of each semester to assess their level of technique, and then attend the November 8 audition for approval to change into the B.F.A. Dance program. To register for the November 8 audition day, please contact Alyse DeSoto. Change of Major Applications are due by March 1 (Available February 1 online). Only applicants with fewer than 60 UT Austin credit hours, who demonstrate a timely path to degree completion, will be considered.