UTSaver Programs Online Enrollment Instructions
UTRetirement Manager is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Enrollment completed via UTRetirement Manager by midnight CST on the 14th of any month is effective beginning with the same month.
- Go to UTRetirement Manager
- The recommended browser for the Web site on a PC is Internet Explorer and for a Mac it is Safari.
- Select “I'm a new user” in the upper right corner, just below the logo.
- Enter your high-assurance UT EID as your “Employee Unique ID,” but do not enter your normal EID password.
- Enter a new password following the password requirements listed on the site.
Welcome to UTRetirement Manager at UT Austin
- To enroll or make changes, select the “Enroll/Make Changes” tab in the upper left corner.
- Select “TSA Enroll/Change” or “DCP Enroll/Change” and follow the instructions listed on the page.
- “Paycheck Date” is going to appear as the first of the month.
- For example, if the “Paycheck Date” listed is 1/1/2009, your enrollment is effective for December and your new or updated contribution amount will appear on your January 1 earnings statement.
- “Number of Deductions Per Year”
- Enter “9” if you are a faculty member, or graduate student working as a Teaching Assistant or Assistant Instructor, and will only receive nine paychecks during the calendar year.
- Enter “12” if you are a staff member, a faculty member enrolled in Salary Spread, or a faculty member that will be receiving salary during the summer months of June, July and August.
- If you enter “12” and do not receive 12 paychecks during the calendar year, you will have additional contributions taken from your paycheck(s) when you return to the payroll in the same calendar year.
- “Annual Deduction Amount” is based on the calendar year and not the academic year.
- If you are reducing your contribution amount, you must take into consideration the amount you have already contributed for the calendar year. If you do not, your contributions will end prematurely and you must re-enroll to participate for the remainder of the calendar year.
- “Percent Allocated to each Provider” must total 100% and you may select multiple providers.
- Prior to your first UTSaver contribution, you must submit an account application to your selected provider in order to designate your investments and beneficiary.
- Review your confirmation carefully!
- You should receive one in UTRetirement Manager after you submit your enrollment or change. If you provided an e-mail address, you will also receive an e-mail confirmation.
- If you make a mistake, you can delete pending changes up until midnight CST on the 14th of any month.
- Go to “Enroll/Change,” then select “View Your Changes” and click “Delete” listed next to the pending change.
- Return to the “TSA Enroll/Change” or “DCP Enroll/Change” page, confirm the correct “Paycheck Date,” and re-do your enrollment or change.
* The last four digits of your social security number (SSN) will be requested from you in order for the university to access the UTRetirement Manager system. No statute or other authority requires that you disclose your SSN for that purpose. But not providing these digits will keep you from accessing the UTRetirement Manager system. This system is a secured Web site and uses various measures, including encryption, to protect your identity. Further disclosure of your SSN is governed by the Public Information Act (Chapter 552 of the Texas Government Code) and other applicable laws.