Human Resource Service Center
512-471-4772 (HRSC) or
This checklist is to be used as a comprehensive guideline for separating from The University of Texas at Austin. It is intended to provide you with resources, links and points of contact to complete this important process.
Please contact your department HR representative or your supervisor. Additional departmental steps may be necessary before separation.
*Follow only those items that apply.
- Submit a Letter of Resignation/Retirement
- Retirement Checklist (if applicable)
- Timesheets - Make sure all your paper and online timesheets (EID required) are up to date.
- Update Employee Information (EID required) - Verify that your address, e-mail and phone number are up to date.
- COBRA Insurance - Contact HRSC at 512-471-4772 for information on continuing medical, dental and vision insurance through COBRA.
- What happens to your accrued leave
- Annual Leave (Vacation)
- Defer your unused annual leave payment into retirement savings
- Purchase Agreement form – must be submitted to the Human Resource Service Center no later than your final day of employment
- Floating Holiday & Holiday Schedule
- Sick Leave
- Donating Sick Leave Pool hours
- Transferring to another institution of higher education or state agency - Please ensure that you forward that agency's state transfer form to HRSC.
- Return hang tag and/or garage cards to Parking and Transportation Services (PTS)
- Pay any outstanding tickets or fines that you have
- Retrieve any refunds due to you for pre-paid parking from PTS
- Recreation Sports Membership - Check into a refund for pre-paid membership here.