Tips & Information
- Assertiveness Skills — Assertiveness is the ability to positively and constructively state your rights or needs without violating the rights of others.
- Caregiver Stress — Caregiver stress is the emotional strain of caregiving that results from the unique pressures and demands placed on caregivers.
- Choosing a Therapist — Selecting a therapist who is the right fit is important.
- Coping with the Blues — Everyone experiences the blues from time to time.
- Dealing with Personal Stress and Change — Stress and change in your personal life can present unique challenges.
- Dealing with Workplace Changes and Job Transitions — Changes at your workplace and/or job transitions can be very stressful.
Managing Anxiety — This non-UT HR site contains a wealth of information to help people learn about and practice effective strategies to manage anxiety on their own, at their own pace. It is grounded in scientific research and developed by professionals who specialize in helping people with anxiety.
Many people don't recognize the signs of anxiety, and instead think there is something 'wrong' with them, or that these feelings are dangerous. The first step to successfully managing anxiety is to understand and recognize it.
- Understanding Depression — Depression is a common mental illness that affects nearly 10 percent of the people in the United States. It is a treatable, medical condition—not a personal weakness.