Request to Participate in the Employee Discount Program
By accepting this agreement, Provider or the authorized agent of Provider (collectively "Provider") acknowledges that Provider has read The University of Texas at Austin's Employee Discount Program (EDP) Policy and agrees that:
- The discount provided by the Provider through the EDP represents an actual discount of the price of the goods and services normally offered by the Provider to the general public;
- Provider's participation in the EDP does not constitute or create a contract or an agent relationship between the Provider and The University of Texas System or The University of Texas at Austin and participation as a discount service or product provider is separate and distinct from the provision of any services through a vendor contract with University of Texas System or The University of Texas at Austin.
- The university may discontinue the EDP at any time or discontinue a Provider's participation in the program or the Provider's ability to offer a particular product or service without advance notice;
- The university may revise or modify the program at any time without advance notice;
- Providers must re-enroll annually as an existing vendor to maintain an active status;
- Provider will require the employee to present a valid employee identification card or other reasonable evidence of university affiliation when the employee purchases the product or service;
- Provider will not offer discounts to products or services such as cigarettes or other tobacco products, gambling services or venues, sexual services or adult entertainment, alcohol, or firearms;
- Provider will keep its Web site information up to date if it uses a Web site to communicate information to employees regarding prices, products, services, and dates discount is being offered;
- Provider will immediately notify the EDP Coordinator via this Web site regarding any discount items that have been discontinued or withdrawn;
- Provider will not solicit on campus or contact an employee in person, via email, or by written materials during the employee's workday except as authorized by the EDP Coordinator in compliance with the University of Texas System Regents' Rules and Regulations and The University of Texas at Austin policies concerning solicitation;
- Provider will not disclaim knowledge of or responsibility for the authenticity or legality of their product or service;
- Provider will comply with applicable University of Texas System Regents' Rules and Regulations, The University of Texas at Austin policies, and state law including any licensing or certification requirements applicable to the provisions of a particular service;
- Providers of student loans may not participate in the employee discount program and offer any of its products or services; and,
- Provider will not use the University of Texas System or The University of Texas at Austin logos or seals or otherwise imply that participation in the EDP is an endorsement of the provider's product by University of Texas System or The University of Texas at Austin.