HR Forum - May, 2009
Also available as a downloadable PDF file: Presentation [PDF: 884 KB; 35 pages]
Video will be available on the Web soon.
Relocation Program — Kirsha Del Pino, Interim Assistant Director, Staffing & Career Managment Services, Human Resource Services
Through a partnership with Global Mobility Solutions, Human Resource Services offers relocation assistance to prospective employees and new hires. These tools include:
- A dedicated relocation coach;
- Candidate needs assessment;
- Homeowner support; financial services;
- Pre-move; and
- Van line services.
- Department completes the Relocation Request Form. For questions about the relocation program, departments may contact their SCMS Representative in HRS-Staffing and Career Management Services.
- GMS Relocation Coach (GMS-RC) calls relocating employee to perform needs assessment and reviews the process.
- GMS-RC refers relocating employee to service provider based on their specific needs, i.e., real estate, van lines, rental assistance, or mortgage.
- Service Providers will make contact and provide appropriate information.
- Broker/sales professional arranges home finding trip and area tours for either rental or purchase.
- GMS-RC follows up to ensure seamless move in.
Position Management Concepts- Kirsha Del Pino, Interim Assistant Director, Staffing & Career Managment Services, Human Resource Services
Position — A position is a box on your organization chart. People may come or go, but the Position stays the same. It may be filled or it may remain vacant for a while.
- Job code, Job title
- Position title
- Purpose and functions
- Hours per week
- Work schedule
- Required Training
Position Management — Position Life Cycle
- If you have a Position that you do not need right now but may need again in the future, you do not have to End it.
- You can make it Inactive.
- You may reactivate a position at any time.
- Inactive positions will not encumber funds in Phase II.
- To make a position Inactive in HRMS, choose to Modify the position.
- Select Position Status: Inactive
- Set the effective date and, if you know it, the “until” date.
- Save and route for approval: go to the Document Review tab to route forward.
Appointments and Timekeeping
- Departments distributed between
- Jason Clark - 475-8043
- Pam Clements - 475-8058
- General Appointments Number – 475-8383
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- HRS Web site: Find Your HRS Representatives
- 5/01 Commands open
- 6/10 Deadline for ARM documents
- 6/17 Deadline for individual documents
- 6/30 Commands close
Employee Information Compliance
- Summer 2008
- Records Team mails forms to employees
- Employee details added to HR Contact report
- October 2008
- Notice goes directly to employee
Employee Information Status
- How do I know if this employee has completed all the required forms?
- HR Contact – Go to Personal Information Status page in Employee Information System
- Not an HR Contact – Call Records
Annual Enrollment — Vilma Santos, Interim Human Resource Manager, Human Resource Service Center, Human Resource Services
- Medical premium and plan design changes
- May or may not involve changes to the prescription program
- Disability plans - new administrator is Ft. Dearborn Life as of 9/1/2009
- Decrease in premiums
- NO EOI needed – guaranteed coverage
- CNA – Long Term Care
- Employees currently enrolled can “buy up” to the next benefit level without EOI
- Dependents still have to do EOI
- Superior Vision
- Decrease in premiums for all coverage levels
- New CL fitting benefit - $35 co-pay
- Custom Health Risk Assessment and New Living Well Health Manager
- Services will be provided by WebMD effective 9/1/09
- Personalized health program that gives you and your family free and easy access to information you need to make smart choices about your health
- Must re-elect UT Flex accounts every year
- Must also re-elect medical Flex card every year
- Make selections early in July!
- Confirmation e-mails are sent the day after a successful change is made – review carefully!
- Confirmation e-mail is not sent if no changes are made
- You can always review the Benefits Summary page in UT TOUCH
- Monthly UT System OEB newsletter; first Wednesday of each month
- HRS postcard mailed to everyone in June
- Your UT Benefits Enrollment Options notice sent July 1 by e-mail
- Annual Enrollment Web site available by July 1
- Benefit Fairs provide an opportunity to speak directly to insurance vendors and to attend presentations by each vendor
- Wednesday, July 8, PRC, Commons Center
- Thursday, July 9, Texas Union, Santa Rita
- Additional educational opportunities will be available throughout July in NOA – look for dates on the postcard and the Annual Enrollment Web site
- Insurance vendor presentations will also be available on the OEB Web site
Work/Life Service & EAP Upcoming Events - Christopher Solis, Office Manager, Work/Life Service & EAP
Workplace Rudeness & Incivility
Presenter: Rita Handrich, Ph.D., Psychologist
For HR Reps & Managers
Thursday, June 4, 2009
8:30 a.m. to Noon
North Office Building A
Lunch Box Series: Playful Parenting
Presenter: Kirsten Nottleson, Ph.D. Psychologist
Thursday, June 11, 2009
Noon to 1:00 p.m.
Texas Union, Sinclair Suite, UNB 3.128
Tools for Responding to Distress & Disruption in the Workplace
Presenter: Rita Handrich, Ph.D., Psychologist
For Managers & Supervisors
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
9:00 a.m. to Noon
North Office Building A, Training Room, NOA 4.106A
Open Forum: Quiet/Lactation Rooms on Campus
Co-hosted by: Work/Life Service & EAP and Institutional Equity & Workforce Diversity
For Faculty, Staff & Students
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Noon to 1 p.m.
Engineering Teaching Center II, ETC 7.146
- Link to site
- Requires you to sign in with your EID and password
- Manual for the site is available online
- Now available for posting discussion items, shared documents, links, etc.
- Wednesday, June 10, 2009, 10 a.m.