About Us | Contact Us | Search HR
Human Resources

Help Troubled Employees > Well-being & Safety > HR Pro > HR Home

Help Troubled Employees

Employees may occasionally be less productive than usual or may disclose that they're stressed or going through a difficult time in their lives. They might even have a crisis or "meltdown" while at work. As their personnel contact, you may suggest that they visit with an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) counselor to assist them in meeting their challenges. Use the following resources to guide you through the process of referring troubled employees to the EAP.

Note: If there's a highly distressing incident or disruption in the workplace, you should call the EAP to determine whether a threat assessment or fitness for duty assessment is called for. If the incident involves direct or indirect threats or actual violence toward university property or other people, call 911 immediately.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]