Welcome to Human Resources
News You Can Use
Affordable Care Act (ACA) Open Enrollment
Open enrollment for UTSELECT medical insurance based on hours worked using Affordable Care Act (ACA) criteria begins November 10-30, 2014. The Human Resource Service Center (HRSC) will provide written correspondence to eligible employees. The notice will include cost and enrollment information. For questions regarding the UTSELECT medical plan ACA enrollment window please contact the HRSC.
To learn more about insurance options available in the federal Health Insurance Marketplace, including individual mandates, please visit the Healthcare.gov webpage.
Ebola Virus Disease: University Preparedness
The University of Texas at Austin has a robust, coordinated Infectious Disease Response Committee in place to implement precautions and make decisions in case of an infectious disease concern on campus, including Ebola. The committee works closely with our partners throughout campus and the community, including local and national government agencies, to ensure the safety of our students, faculty, and staff. For more information see the Healthy Horns Update on Ebola Virus Disease.
If you are unsure about your status under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and need to know in order to determine whether you’re required to access the UT System web application under HOP 5-2011, Conflicts of Interest, Conflicts of Commitment and Outside Activities, you may:
- Check one of your individual time reports on the electronic timesheet system and look at your FLSA status;
- Check on your Personal Information Status page on UT Direct under Personal Info for your FLSA status; or
- Ask your supervisor for assistance in determining your FLSA status.
For further information regarding any requirements you may have under HOP 5-2011, Conflicts of Interest, Conflicts of Commitment and Outside Activities please refer to the links below:
- Understanding your responsibilities under HOP 5-2011;
- Training modules for accessing and making disclosures under UT System’s web application;
- HOP-5-2011, Conflicts of Interest, Conflicts of Commitment and Outside Activities;
- UT System’s web based application.