Welcome to Human Resources
News You Can Use
Get Your Flu Shot on Campus
Don’t let the flu season get the best of you. Protect yourself and your family against the flu by obtaining your flu shot here on campus. For information about clinic times and locations, visit the UHS flu shot clinic page. Not on campus? If you’re a UT Select member you can obtain most flu vaccines at no-cost (zero co-pay and deductible) from any UT Select Express Scripts network pharmacy provider such as CVS, Walgreens, HEB, etc. Visit the UT Select Living Well page to learn more about preventative screenings and services covered at 100%.
TRS Member Contribution Rate Change Effective Sept. 1st
Effective September 1, 2014, active Teacher Retirement System (TRS) members will experience an increase in deduction from their paycheck from the current 6.4% to 6.7% of eligible compensation. The required increase was approved in the 83rd Texas Legislature, Regular Session, Senate Bill 1458-TRS Benefits and Contributions. For more information, please contact TRS at 1-800-223-8778 and visit the following external website: http://www.trs.state.tx.us/about/documents/new_laws_affecting_members.pdf
If you are unsure about your status under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and need to know in order to determine whether you’re required to access the UT System web application under HOP 5-2011, Conflicts of Interest, Conflicts of Commitment and Outside Activities, you may:
- Check one of your individual time reports on the electronic timesheet system and look at your FLSA status;
- Check on your Personal Information Status page on UT Direct under Personal Info for your FLSA status; or
- Ask your supervisor for assistance in determining your FLSA status.
For further information regarding any requirements you may have under HOP 5-2011, Conflicts of Interest, Conflicts of Commitment and Outside Activities please refer to the links below:
- Understanding your responsibilities under HOP 5-2011;
- Training modules for accessing and making disclosures under UT System’s web application;
- HOP-5-2011, Conflicts of Interest, Conflicts of Commitment and Outside Activities;
- UT System’s web based application.