Welcome to Human Resources
News You Can Use
SWIAC Election Results
Brandy Whitten has been re-elected as the representative for benefits eligible employees on the UT System-Wide Insurance Advisory Committee (SWIAC). Brandy is a Senior Administrative Associate in University Health Services and will continue her service with a new term that begins September 1. SWIAC members work with the UT System Office of Employee Benefits as advisors in the development, implementation, coordination and administration of the group insurance program. SWIAC provides a channel for open communication of ideas and suggestions regarding group insurance benefits. The group insurance program includes medical, dental, vision, group term life and accidental death and dismemberment, short-term and long-term disability, and long-term care insurance plans, flexible spending accounts and a wellness program.
If you are unsure about your status under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and need to know in order to determine whether you’re required to access the UT System web application under HOP 5-2011, Conflicts of Interest, Conflicts of Commitment and Outside Activities, you may:
- Check one of your individual time reports on the electronic timesheet system and look at your FLSA status;
- Check on your Personal Information Status page on UT Direct under Personal Info for your FLSA status; or
- Ask your supervisor for assistance in determining your FLSA status.
For further information regarding any requirements you may have under HOP 5-2011, Conflicts of Interest, Conflicts of Commitment and Outside Activities please refer to the links below:
- Understanding your responsibilities under HOP 5-2011;
- Training modules for accessing and making disclosures under UT System’s web application;
- HOP-5-2011, Conflicts of Interest, Conflicts of Commitment and Outside Activities;
- UT System’s web based application.
Launch of Lynda.com to campus
The President’s Office, Staff Council and Human Resources are pleased to announce the launch of Lynda.com for this campus. Through high-quality videos, this online course library provides instruction on the use of software and training on a wide range of tools and disciplines.