New Employee Welcome and Orientation Registration
The New Employee Welcome and Orientation, hosted by Human Resource Services (HRS), is a one-stop-shop that provides your new employees with a comprehensive introduction to employment and benefits at The University of Texas at Austin. Interested in saving employee processing time? If so, we strongly recommend that you register all your new permanent, benefits-eligible staff, faculty or graduate-student employees to attend the New Employee Welcome and Orientation on their first day of employment and help them to complete many items on the New Employee Checklist.
- Complete the orientation pre-registration form*
- Complete the orientation pre-registration form and fax the form to 512-232-3524 by noon on Wednesday before your new employee’s scheduled orientation session (see step two).
- Register your new employees for a new employee orientation session through the TXClass online registration system (EID required)
- Select one of the sessions below to see a list of upcoming times and dates
- Select the date for the session you want from the list
- Scroll down to the "Class Enrollment" section and click "Enroll/Withdraw"
- Enter your new employee's EID, select the appropriate button, and then select "Submit Request"
- If you need assistance enrolling one of your new employees, please contact the Human Resource Service Center at 512-471-4772.
- Finalize your new employee's HRMS assignment
- In order for your new employees to fully benefit from the New Employee Welcome and Orientation session, please verify that their assignment is in “Active” status.
- In order to remain compliant with the federal law, the I-9 form must be completed within the first 3 days of employment. If the new employee does not attend orientation during the first 3 days, please complete the I-9 in your office and send to the Human Resources Records department.
- Remind your new employees to bring the following items to their orientation session
- Identity and employment eligibility documents to complete the Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification [PDF] (see list of acceptable documents on page 4)
- Information about family members to be included in insurance coverage (spouse/dependents), including names, Social Security numbers, and dates of birth
- Beneficiary information, including name, address, Social Security number, and date of birth
- Their job title FLSA status, exempt or non-exempt
- Your department may have chosen to pay for your boxed lunch.If not, please have your employee bring a sack lunch and/or snack and refreshment as there is NO CASH transactions for food.
- Coffee, hot tea, and water provided
- Vending machines with sodas and snacks available
- If your employee will be going on the “Campus Walking Tour” have them:
- Be sure to wear comfortable clothing and shoes.
- BRING a sack lunch and/or snack and refreshment as lunch is not provided unless your department has paid for lunch through NEWO pre-registration. No cash lunch available.
- If parked at NOA, (Speedway or 27th Street Garage), you can take the Forty Acres (FA) bus route back.
- Pick up at Harry Ransom Center (HRC) and exit at Dean Keaton and University Avenue.
- Provide the following information to your new employees before they attend their orientation session
- When: Monday, except holidays, from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. (plan to arrive a few minutes before session begins)
- Where: North Office A Building (NOA), room 4.106
101 E. 27th St, at the corner of 27th and Wichita, northeast of the Student Services Building
- Parking: Parking is available for those attending the new employee orientation at the 27th Street Parking Garage (TSG) or the Speedway Garage (SWG). Your department may chose to pay for parking validation on the orientation pre-registration form. Please instruct your new employee to bring their parking ticket to the instructor at the orientation for validation if your department has paid for their validation.
*Note: In order for your new employees to receive the most benefit from the New Employee Welcome and Orientation, it is important that the orientation pre-registration form be submitted by the deadline. Visit the New Employee Checklist to see what employee processes can be completed at orientation if the orientation pre-registration form is completed and submitted by the given deadline.