Please note: there is not a current contract with Global Mobility Solutions. For any relocations costing $5,000 or more, you will need to follow the appropriate purchasing process. There are several moving companies that have current contracts that are available for you to use.
Global Mobility Solutions offers relocation assistance to prospective employees and new hires. These tools include a dedicated relocation coach, candidate needs assessment, homeowner support, financial services, pre-move and van line services.
Summary of Relocation Services
Pre-Move Services and Support
- Dedicated relocation coach
- Needs analysis to determine key lifestyle issues surrounding move
- City profiles
- National school reports
- Access to relocation tools
- Area tours
- Move-in support
- Confidential market analysis of current home
- Home marketing and home selling services
- Find-an-Agent™ selection process
- Homeowner VIP community tours
- Home Finding Service
- Short-term or interim corporate housing
- International relocation service (household goods move management, financial services, auto lease and purchase, and more)
- A personal mortgage counselor from our preferred partner will guide you through a quick pre-qualification
- Preferred mortgage rates plus discounted closing costs and liberal qualifying ratio
Van Line Services
- National volume discounts with seven major national carriers
- Free valuation for up to $75,000
- Guaranteed not-to-exceed estimates
- Guaranteed pickup and delivery timeframes
- Discounted storage rates
Department completes the Relocation Request Form. For questions about the relocation program, departments may contact their HR Partner in Strategic Workforce Solutions.
GMS Relocation Coach (GMS-RC) calls relocating employee to perform needs assessment and reviews the process.
GMS-RC refers relocating employee to service provider based on their specific needs. i.e., real estate, van lines, rental assistance, mortgage
Service Providers will make contact and provide appropriate information.
Broker/sales professional arranges home finding trip and area tours for either rental or purchase.
GMS-RC follows up to ensure seamless move in.
Global Mobility Solutions (GMS) Program Summary
Single Point of Coordination
- The university's dedicated relocation coach manages the relocation process from start to finish.
- You rest easy knowing the program has a dedicated specialist to help you through the move.
Premier Partner Program
- GMS offers a variety of real estate networks from which the employee may chose. Agents are relocation certified and continually evaluated. Only the most experienced realtors are part of the network.
- GMS contracts with only major van lines (Allied, Atlas, Bekins, Mayflower, North American, United, and others). They are continually evaluated based on strict performance standards.
- Every move gets multiple van line estimates, as needed, with guaranteed pricing.
No Fee Services
- GMS earns revenue from industry sanctioned referral fees.
- There are no hidden service fees or charges, only the actual cost of services are passed on to the university or the transferee.
- Special mortgage programs are also available.