Through a partnership with Global Mobility Solutions, Human Resources now offers relocation assistance to prospective employees and new hires. These tools include a dedicated relocation coach, candidate needs assessment, homeowner support, financial services, pre-move and van line services.
Summary of Relocation Services
Pre-Move Services and Support
- Dedicated relocation coach
- Needs analysis to determine key lifestyle issues surrounding move
- City profiles
- National school reports
- Access to relocation tools
- Area tours
- Move-in support
- Confidential market analysis of current home
- Home marketing and home selling services
- Find-an-Agent™ selection process
- Homeowner VIP community tours
- Home Finding Service
- Short-term or interim corporate housing
- International relocation service (household goods move management, financial services, auto lease and purchase, and more)
- A personal mortgage counselor from our preferred partner will guide you through a quick pre-qualification
- Preferred mortgage rates plus discounted closing costs and liberal qualifying ratio
Van Line Services
- National volume discounts with seven major national carriers
- Free valuation for up to $75,000
- Guaranteed not-to-exceed estimates
- Guaranteed pickup and delivery timeframes
- Discounted storage rates
Department completes the Relocation Request Form. For questions about the relocation program, departments may contact their HR Partner in Strategic Workforce Solutions.
GMS Relocation Coach (GMS-RC) calls relocating employee to perform needs assessment and reviews the process.
GMS-RC refers relocating employee to service provider based on their specific needs. i.e., real estate, van lines, rental assistance, mortgage
Service Providers will make contact and provide appropriate information.
Broker/sales professional arranges home finding trip and area tours for either rental or purchase.
GMS-RC follows up to ensure seamless move in.
Global Mobility Solutions (GMS) Program Summary
Single Point of Coordination
- The university's dedicated relocation coach manages the relocation process from start to finish.
- You rest easy knowing the program has a dedicated specialist to help you through the move.
Premier Partner Program
- GMS offers a variety of real estate networks from which the employee may chose. Agents are relocation certified and continually evaluated. Only the most experienced realtors are part of the network.
- GMS contracts with only major van lines (Allied, Atlas, Bekins, Mayflower, North American, United, and others). They are continually evaluated based on strict performance standards.
- Every move gets multiple van line estimates, as needed, with guaranteed pricing.
No Fee Services
- GMS earns revenue from industry sanctioned referral fees.
- There are no hidden service fees or charges, only the actual cost of services are passed on to the university or the transferee.
- Special mortgage programs are also available.