This list is to be used as a comprehensive guideline for successfully separating employees from The University of Texas at Austin. It is intended to provide you with resources, links and points of contact to complete this important process.
Please note: Not all items listed will apply to the separating employee.
- End the Assignment
You need to end the assignment in Human Resource Management System (HRMS) as soon as possible after you are notified that the employee will transfer to another department, leave university employment, transfer to a state agency, die, or have a break in their employment. If another person in your department handles assignments, you'll use the online staff transaction request (EID required) to request the assignment be ended.
- Reclaim Physical Resources
- Remove IT Resources
- Remove Telephone Access
- Department Administrative Process
- Ensure timesheets are completed
- Collect employee’s optional Sick Leave Pool Donation form
- File a “Supplemental Report of Injury” (SR6) form for each lost-time WCI claim within the previous 2 years (This form is accessed through UT Mainframe at the WC Menu)
- Send request to Leave Management to remove any unused FML or SLP hours
- Ensure employee updates forwarding mailing address online
- Delete signature authority
- Deactivate building access codes (BACS)
- Reset door access codes
- Notify UTPD to disable employee secret code (471-4441)
- Change organizational chart
- Remove/replace additional duties responsibility (i.e. Fire Warden, Staff Council, Facilities Manager, committees, councils etc)
- Change bldg. directories and signs
- Rescind UT driving privilege (UTDRIVERS)
- (Drivers who no longer drive for your department should be deleted from the system. Make a copy of the driver’s detail screen, notate when and why the driver is being deleted, and put a copy into the driver’s personnel file.)
- Department Network Process
- Notify desktop support
- Clean hard drive, etc.
- Remove filesever access
- Update staff databases
- Update staff mailing list
- Update departmental Web pages
- Change shared passwords
- Remove desktop access (active directory)
- Remove access to departmentally run software
- Post Effective Date of Separation